Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Youth Group Outreach Checklist

Youth Group Outreach Checklist

Here is a short exercise to help youth groups and classes assess how open they are to one another and how intentional they are about reaching out to new people and making them feel part of the group.  Check all that are true for you or for your group.

___   1.  I frequently ask others in the group to share their opinions.

___   2.  People in the group frequently ask for my opinion.

___   3.  No one gets put down in this group for having a different opinion than most.

___   4.  If I miss a group meeting, another group member lets me know that I was missed and helps me feel that my presence is important.

___   5.  If someone else misses a group meeting, I let that person know I missed him or her and help that person feel that his or her presence is important.

___   6.  If a new person visits this group, I’ll personally reach out to that individual in some way during the week.

___   7.  If a new person visits this group, others in the group reach out to that person during the week.

___   8.  I have invited a friend or acquaintance to come to a group or class meeting or to share in another church activity.

___   9.  Other people in the group or class have invited friends or acquaintances to come to a meeting or to share in another church activity.

___ 10. If someone visits a meeting or another activity, that person normally returns for another visit.

___ 11. This group has taught me how to share my faith with others.

___ 12. I have, at least once, shared my faith with a person outside of this church.

___ 13. This group helps me better understand God.

___ 14. This group helps me relate my faith to daily life.

___ 15. This group helps me feel more like part of the church.

___ 16. This group helps me grow closer to other people.

___ 17. I have told friends who are not active in a church how much my youth class or group means to me.

___ 18. I think this is a group which does a good job incorporating new people.

___ 19. The adult(s) who work with this group encourage us to reach out to people outside the church.

___ 20. The adult(s) who work with this group help new people feel welcome.

After group members complete the checklist, discuss each statement together.

You are free to reproduce this questionnaire for use in your own congregation. Thank you for giving credit to New Life Ministries, www.NewLifeMinistries-NLM.org With slight modification, this checklist can be used for adult groups as well. 

 2000-2008 New Life Ministries (www.NewLifeMinistries-NLM.org). All Rights Reserved. 
(see information on our copyright policy)

No comments: